Friday, May 24, 2013

Setting Goals

As I lay here between my sleeping babies I reflect on my day. I wanted to post my goals earlier but between kids and life, I just didn't have a chance. My first goal was to make it through the day without yelling. Small goal I know but "a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" right? I am proud to say at 8:30 P.M. I've made it.

Goals are important in order to accomplish something. Especially something as difficult as changing yourself. My ultimate goal is to never yell again. As lofty as it is, thats what I want. I hate myself when I yell at my babies and my husband. I hate the look I see in my princesses eyes when mommy is angry. Its so common around our house that the hubs even cracks jokes about my yelling. We were watching the movie Up and he cracked a joke about how from now on when I yell he is going to make the mocking sound that Kevin (the bird) makes when Mr. Fredrikson is yelling at it to go away.

I know that it is highly unlikely for me to just stop yelling. Its just not that easy. So I am going to take it a day at a time. One day, that isn't too hard. I will have bad days, I know that. I might yell again. But it is so important that I do not give up. One day I will look back at this blog and my yelling will just be a memory.

So here I am, posting to myself, for myself. My Goal: One day at a time. Every morning I wake up, my goal for the day is to not yell. If I make a mistake, if I fall off the horse, I will get back up again. I will start over.

I can do this, I have to do this, I WILL do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment