Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Close Call

Yesterday I came dangerously close to yelling at the princess. I didn't, but it was a close call. In my defense, she chucked a plastic piggy bank school bus at me. My ankle has a nice gash on it. Other than that, the day went remarkably well. Despite exhaustion and an extremely fussy princess. Little handsome had his moments too.
Yesterday morning the kids woke up about 2 hours earlier than usual, daddy gets the morning shift since I work from 6am to 10am. So he got the brunt of the exhaustion. I was thankful for their early rising though. Because they woke up so much earlier, that meant I got to put them down for their naps a little earlier. I capitalized on the opportunity and took a nap. Something I DESPERATELY need today. Little handsome woke up at 4am wanting to eat, and he wouldn't go back to sleep. So I got to rise an hour earlier today than I usually do. I am exhausted, I'm surprised I actually made it into work.
Being a working mom is tough. Don't get me wrong, I am so very thankful that I HAVE a job. Especially in this economy. But I hate being away from my beauties in the morning. Darling Husband only has one more semester left of school. Hopefully he will be able to find a good paying job after graduation so I can quit. I look forward to the day that I don't have to leave so early in the morning. Every morning gets harder to get up and harder to leave. I just have to remind myself why I do it. I have pictures of my beautiful family plastered around my desk at work. It helps when I have those break down, all I want is to be at home, moments.

Yesterday was pretty easy over all. I feel like I wont be so lucky to day. I can already feel the exhaustion affecting my mood. I have been on the challenge for 5 days now, I am determined to not slip up! I can do this! 5 days down, lets shoot for five more! Crossing my fingers that I make it through today in one piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment